Having a bed bug infestation can be a nightmare, and difficult to deal with. A common issue residents face is that they are unable to recognize an infestation because bed bugs act at night.
They are found in corners and crevices making them difficult to detect. But if you find yourself itching, have red swollen areas on your body, and small blood smears on your bed; then there is a likely chance your home is infested with bed bugs.
It is extremely important to deal with a bed bug infestation immediately because they can cause several health-related issues to you and your family.
Bed Bug Facts:
- Known by the scientific name Cimex Lectularius.
- They are flat-bodied until they have a blood meal and then become enlarged.
- A bed bug diet includes warm-blooded beings.
- Occasionally they will feed on bats and rodents as well.
- They are nocturnal insects active primarily at night.
- Their mouth is structured similar to that of a mosquito, so they pierce the skin to draw out the blood.
How to Avoid Bed Bugs
Even though they are difficult to detect, there are some preventative measures you can take to avoid bringing bed bugs into your home. Here are a few tips to prevent a bed bug infestation:
- Inspect any hand-me-down furniture or clothing before bringing them into your home.
- Check in crevices and corners of your home, and especially your mattress.
- Reduce clutter around your home, and even more so around where you sleep at night.
- Vacuum and clean your home regularly. Cleanliness is essential!
What Our Bed Bug Control Services Can Do For You.
Despite taking all preventive measures, many people will still face the problems of a bed bug infestation. Quest Pest Control specializes in providing bed bug control services that help you deal with such infestations. We strive to improve the hygiene of your home, and help maintain the best possible living conditions for you. Our professionally trained experts use the latest technology to eliminate bed bugs.
Our Bed Bug Control Methods
Quest Pest Control takes the following steps to remove a bed bug infestation from your home:
- The process begins with a thorough and complete check of your home to detect the presence of bed bugs.
- We use a combination of insecticides along with a heat treatment process.
- Heat treatment is used in heavy infestations, and is capable of killing bed bugs in all stages.
- The infested areas are subject to a temperature of 150 – 170 degrees for some time.
- This may not allow people to stay in these areas for a short period of time, but it does ensure results.
- Heat treatment is helpful because steam can not only kill bed bugs, but also their eggs as well.
- Continuous steaming of box springs, mattresses, and other infested materials acts as a superb solution.
Avoid The Hassle Of A Bed Bug Infestation
If you are unable to prevent an outbreak of bed bugs, it is best to turn to Quest Pest Control, and let us effectively eradicate the bed bugs. Protect yourself and your family from the hazards of bed bugs. Allow us to implement the best bed bug extermination measures, and opt for our top class services at the earliest.