Termites are known as ‘silent destroyers’ because they are capable of devouring an enormous amount of wood. From the very foundation of your home they can spread throughout the house very quickly. The worst part is that by the time you begin to notice them, they’ve already done major damage.
Eliminating a termite infestation is incredibly difficult, so be sure to turn to a professional pest control expert.
Your Introduction to Termites
- Size: Termites range from one-fourth to half an inch in size. A king and queen can be an inch long.
- Color: They are pale colored, and soft-bodied.
- Wings: Reproductive termites have two prominent pairs of wings.
- Diet: Termites get their nutrition from cellulose, an organic compound found in plants.
- Habitat: You will most often find termite colonies living in wooden structures, decayed tree bark, and soil. They prefer environments with plenty of moisture.
Types of Termites
There are over 2000 types of termites throughout the world. These three types of termites are the ones that you will most often encounter in the United States:
- Drywood Termites: These termites construct their nests in dry wood above above the ground. They can enter your home through wooden items.
- Dampwood Termites: Water damaged wood or wood lying directly on the ground are vulnerable to these termites.
- Subterranean Termites: They build their nests under the soil, and an infected piece of wood will have a build-up of soil in the tunnels within the wood.
What You Can Do to Keep Termites Away
- Eliminate excess moisture around your home.
- Fix any leaking faucets, A/C units, and water pipes.
- Divert water from the foundation of the house preventing any build-up of water.
- Make sure there is no standing water on the roofs.
- Remove excess plant cover and wood mulch around your property.
- Close any entry points around water pipelines.
- Keep firewood, paper, and timber with care.
- Any wooden items around your home shouldn’t be in contact with the soil.
- Debris inside and outside of the house should be cleared.
What Quest Pest Termite Control Services Can Do For You
Depending on your level of termite infestation, and the layout of your house, Quest Pest Control will create a customized treatment for you. We use the following termite control methods:
- Liquid Termite Treatment: Safe for indoor and outdoor application. This solution is used within building foundations creating a protective barrier against termites. It will also guard your house against future infestations.
- Dry Foam: Used to fill gaps and spaces in interior and exterior walls, around ducts and pipes, slabs, and other surfaces. Our customized dry foam expands to fill-in the empty space, and provides extra protection against infestations. The low moisture content prevents it from soaking through drywalls or creating wet spots.
- Termite Bait Stations: This incredibly effective method of treatment disrupts molting processes, and prevents growth. It is best to use these in areas at most risk of infestation. It provides continuous protection without any damage to your property.
- Post Service Maintenance: After the treatment is completed a Quest Pest assistant will come back to monitor the all of the progress.
Quest Pest Control Guarantee
When you approach us with your pest problems, we implement an inspection and control solution made exclusively for your house. During each appointment visit our highly trained experts will provide follow-ups to ensure your home remains pest-free. No matter what kind of pest infestation you are dealing with, contact Quest Pest Control for all of your pest control needs.