We all know how irritating ticks and fleas can be. They can be a real problem for us, and they both cause a lot of harm to our beloved pets. There may be some information about them you are not aware of though. Read on to learn more about them, the threats they can pose to you, and what you can do to avoid them.
Tick and Flea Facts
Ticks and fleas are both tiny insects that are difficult to notice without close inspection. Some things to be aware of about the includes:
- Ticks can spread various diseases such as Lyme disease, which causes fever, fatigue, and muscle and joint pain.
- Even a week after a tick bite you can still experience swelling and mild joint pain.
- Fleas don’t spread disease, but their bites can cause discomfort such as itchiness and red marks.
- These red marks can often disappear without causing any kind of long-term effects to your physical health.
- Most ticks use different hosts for their three life stages. These hosts can include mammals, reptiles and birds.
- After ticks have sucked up blood they expand in size. Eventually the bloated tick drops off, and will lay eggs wherever they land.
- Both ticks and fleas can make their way into your home by attaching themselves to your dog or cat.
- Most ticks and fleas hate dry places, so you may even find them in moist places in your garden.
The Threat Ticks and Fleas Pose To Pets
Having pets in your home increases the risk of ticks and fleas getting into your home. One thing you can do to check if your dog or cat has ticks is to run your fingers through their fur. With gentle pressure feel for any small bumps. Focus on these areas in particular:
- Between their toes
- In and around their ears
- Between the front and back legs
- Under the collar
- Around their eyelids
- Up and down their tail
Protecting Your Pets From Ticks and Fleas
There are some steps you can take to protect your pets from these parasites. Especially after your pet has played outdoors, whenever possible follow these tips:
- Protect your pets through standard year-round preventive measures offered by veterinarians.
- Do regular check-ups, and groom your pets regularly.
- Clean up your yard, and keep it clear of debris to keep ticks and fleas away.
- Make sure you keep your lawns and bushes trimmed.
- Parasites like ticks and fleas prefer warm, damp, and shady places. So, cleanliness is a major factor.
If the above steps prove ineffective you may have a bigger tick or flea problem that you may think. If you want to make your home and garden free of ticks and fleas turn to the professional pest control experts at Quest Pest Control.
Quest Pest Control Offers These Tick And Flea Control Services:
- Garden Pest Control: Our experts visit your garden and choose the best pesticides considering the area covered by your lawn. Also, areas occupied by herbs, shrubs, and trees. Most importantly we make sure that all of the pesticides we spray are safe and environment-friendly.
- Home Pest Control: For this method our expert team covers the walls of your home with a combination of Liquid Residual Insecticides (LRI), and Insect Growth Regulators (IGR). This method lasts roughly 5–6 months. Another method is flea control aerosols inside your home. Again, as always, we do not use any questionable or un-safe chemicals in any method.
- Pet Treatments: We provide you with various sprays and brushes to treat your pets of any ticks or fleas. Also, we can provide you with a team of trained vets as well.
- Customized Services: We offer you various packages in which you decide what you would like from us. Our experts are always there for you, and to help decide the best services for you particular needs.
If you are experiencing any kind of problems with ticks or fleas, don’t hesitate to contact Quest Pest Control for our expert tick and flea control services!